2. Automated Backup
Backups help ensure, that your files aren't permanently lost or damaged. The [Automated Backup] or "Script Execution" tool serves to perform database backup or run SQL script based on a specified schedule, thus to save your time and be able to protect your database from possible disruptions.
Use this section toolbar to perform the following operations:
- Press [Create or Modify Configuration] to launch the backup wizard and configure backup settings (see the chapter about Backup / Restore Database).
- If you have already configured the backup configuration, you may choose it from the drop-down list next to the "Configuration" field and click the [Run Backup] button.
- [Add Current Backup to Scheduler]
Open the scheduler form with the main parameters for settings:
- "Task name" - choose from the drop-down or type manually.
- "Task type" - this field is not active for editing by a user and is filled by default.
- "Task configuration" - select the configuration name that you want to be used for automated backup.
- Specify the time period when this backup will run, i.e. daily, weekly, monthly and at once.
- Depending on the period, you have chosen, complete the following fields:
< - "Start time" of the procedure with the specification of the particular day
< - The start time of the procedure and the particular day of the week
< - The start time of the procedure with indication of particular day of the month
< - The start date and start time of the procedure
Additionally, you can configure if the task is repetetive.
< - For this, select the checkbox next to the relevant field and assign the periodicity.
Scheduled task list is a list of tasks stored in your Windows scheduler. You can call it with the corresponding button on the backups toolbar:
To open scheduled tasks list in your Widnows OS go to Addons -> Show Scheduled Tasks
In case you need to run SQL scripts frequently, the Automated Script Execution option will be useful for you.
NOTE: Do not run Script, if you are not sure, that SQL is working properly and will not corrupt your database.
In this section you can find Automated Script Execution settings, which allows you to perform following operations:
< - Click [Create or Modify Import Configuration] to run the wizard and configure settings.
If you have already configured the restore database configuration, you can choose it from the drop-down next to the "Configuration" field and press [Run Script]:
Click the [Add Current Script Execution to Scheduler] button to specify task name, time and frequency.
Show scheduled tasks option. Here you can find your task to restore your database along with other windows tasks performed regularly.
By using the top toolbar you can add or delete task, see properties, refresh list and run task:
You can use the same buttons as in automated backup procedure (refresh, delete, restore etc).