Import Shipping Classes Data
1. Launch the Import Wizard tool to be able to update or add new shipping classes data to the existing list. You can find this option in the Shipping Classes section of Store Manager.
2. Choose the file you want to import by using the one of the following source:
- local - choose the file in your drive system by using the browse button
- from external source - use the full URL path to the file . Make sure the path is acceptable and workable in your browser.
- from FTP server - specify the FTP access details and path to the file on FTP .
Before proceeding verify your FTP credentials in Preferences of Store Manager by choosing the appropriate tab:
Load configuration field allows upload the appropriate configuration from a list or from a file and use it during the current import procedure.
If need to clear list from unused or outdated configurations choose the one of the following option from the drop-down (see an illustration above).
3. Delimiter step allows check the main formats of field values separators which is used to delineate data between each others.
File to import may comprise the values as well as field names in the first row.
- values in the first row:
- field names in the first row:
According this you can check/un-check the appropriate field below:
4. Move to the next step of importing and assign the necessary columns from a file with the appropriate fields of your store database.
Use an arrow options in the Source field columns to assign the appropriate position from the left pane with necessary field from the right.
The expression column allows modify imported data by using the special SQL statement.
Press ‘Help’ option to get the integrated online help on main expression components and their implementation.
Skip Rules - the area, where you can specify conditions, under which the data set forth in this rule will not be processed (will be skipped during import).
In the top toolbar you can choose the button to facilitate the linking process - Auto Link All or cancel previously assignments at once - Unlink All.
You can perform also the automatic selection for the highlighted field(s) by using the option from the top toolbar.
As well as unlink only selected position(s)
Custom SQL area - the special SQL formula affects directly on the data within your store database but requires some skills in SQL language queries and commands operations .
For example, the formula leads to the increasing quantities for items of a specific manufacturer or delete discounts which were previously applied to the products specified in the file to import etc.
Use 'SQL Help' button from the top toolbar or look through the Custom SQL chapter to get more information about the technique of creating such formula.
5. Move to the next step of import procedure and choose the one of the following method :
-Add and Modify -- will add new records, if they are not already in the database, and modify existing data that are found.
Add Only - will only add NEW positions.
Modify Only - will only update Existing shipping classes data, but not add new entries, even if the shipping classes do not currently exist in the database.
Just Add - Please note,, this option may produce duplicates data entries, since Store Manager will not try to find, or validate existing information, but will add all records, as if they are new!
‘Show Advanced Options’ opens additional fields with the main formats of date and numbers values . In most cases recommend to leave these settings unchanged.
To check what data will be transferred before start importing, use the button for preview :
6. Note, the ‘Import’ button starts transferring and summary results you can see on the last step of the wizard.
- means that any new record was not entered into the database ;
- means that 2 entries which are already existing in the store database were successfully updated after importing ;
- means that no rule was applied in the current process ;
- means that all lines (rows) of the import file are imported.
Take into account the ‘Save Configuration’ area below . You can save current configuration to be able to upload it during the next usage of Shipping Classes Import Wizard tool.