9.1.1. Import Product with Variations
Firstly, prepare the file with the data to import. If your file contains the columns with the variations that need to be imported, follow these steps:
1. Make sure you have proper assignment between the parents positions and the variants: the first rows should have the details for a parent product (s) (here is the example of import file provided below, where the parent product details include the first 5 rows):
Starting from the 6th row and further there is an information on product variations.
You can notice the following important columns for importing as:
"SKU" - the values of product identification in the database
"Product ID" - this field is necessary in case updating data in the store database
"Product type "- the differentiation of products that contain variations
"Attribute Values." The product variations is formed on the basis of a selected (assigned) attribute. Therefore, the file should contain an attribute in a separate column.
Parent column contains the SKU number of the parent product to which the simple ones (variations) are related to.
If the file is ready you can launch the import process in Store Manager.
2. Find and click the [Import Data] button on the top toolbar (or in the context menu) to start.
3. Specify the filename and the file-path in the relevant field. Depending on the location of the data with the variations, use one of the suggested uploading options:
4. Select delimiter character step - leave the data as it is by default, or specify your own separators and delimiter characters, in case you use the specific ones.
5. Link the columns from your file with the corresponding fields of your store database. Note, all linked data will be imported, the rest will be skipped.
Make sure all necessary fields related to the attribute and variation details (like "Attribute Values", "Parent", "Product Type") are assigned properly.
6. Please take into account the next stage, open the "Advanced" mode to be able to see the extra fields.
Specify the appropriate conditions in variations fields:
Select an identification method for the "Parent" column. Depending on what value you have in the current file's field, choose the suitable variant from the list:
Note: in our example file there is a SKU as an identifier.
Set the condition by which the appropriate field in the file will be considered as a variation:
Launch the Import process in case the preparation is completed.
Once the process is finished, see the results in Store Manager.