9.1.1 Import Product with Variations
Prepare the file with the data.
If your file contains the columns with the variations which need to be imported, follow such steps:
1. Make sure you have properly assignment between the parents positions and the variants: the first rows should have the details for parent product (s) (here is the example of import file provided below, where the parent product details include the first 5 rows ):
Starting from 6 row and further there is an information on product variations.
You can notice the following important columns for importing as:
- SKU - the values of product identification in the database;
- Product ID - this field is necessary in case updating data in the store database;
- Product type - the differentiation of products on which contain the variations (variable) and the variations respectively
- Attribute Values. Generate the product variations is formed on the basis of the selected (assigned) attribute. Therefore, the file should contain an attribute in a separate column.
- Parent column contains the SKU number of the parent product to which the simple ones (variations) are related to.
If the file is ready you can launch the import process in Store Manager.
2. Find and click on the ‘Import Data’ option in the top toolbar (or in the context menu) to start.
3. Specify the filename and the file-path in the appropriate field. Depending on the location of the data with the variations, use one of the suggested uploading options:
4. Select delimiter character step - leave the data as the they are by default or specify your own separators and delimiter characters in case you use the specific ones.
5. Link the columns from your file with the appropriate fields of the store database. Note, all linked data will be imported, the other ones will be skipped.
Make sure all necessary fields related to the attribute and variation details (like 'Attribute Values', 'Parent', 'Product Type') are assigned properly.
6. Please take into account the next stage - open the Advanced mode to be able to see the extra fields.
Specify the appropriate conditions in important for importing variations fields:
Select identification method for 'Parent' column. Depending on which value you have in the current file's field choose the suitable variant from a list:
Note, in our example file there is a SKU as an identifier.
Set the condition by which the appropriate field in the file will be considered an a variation:
Launch import in case complete with the preparation.
Once the process is finished - see the results in the Store Manager.
In addition, you can check the guide from our Useful Articles page about import images of product variations:
If you have any questions or need some help to process importing of products with the variations properly - contact us and we will gladly assist you.