Store Manager makes Store Manager allows you to work with a third-party program (Report Tool) for report developing and editing. You can check the following document to better understand its functional.
Reports are the documents which contain the information on the products, orders, customers movement at your store.
You can preview the already built-in report documents in the relevant section of Store Manager or create your own report with some necessary SQL skills.
Each report consists of two main parts:
- report template - contains report layout information and places in the files of a specific format (.fr3 );
- SQL queries - this part placed in the .sql files contains the queries which will retrieve necessary data from the database required for the report.
In the Reports section of Store Manager you can see the list of available reports with the appropriate toolbar panel that allows to:
- create a new report document;
- edit (modify) the existing one;
- remove selected one from the report list.
To modify report click on the 'Edit Report' button - a form with two tabs appears:
- the first tab - SQL editor - which allows retrieve data from the store database and display it in the report document. In this tab, you can edit the created SQL query or replace by other using the 'Open Query from file' option. To simplify the creation task launch the Visual Query Builder from the top panel.
You can see the selected database tables with the checked fields in the left pane of the builder form.
You can add also to the queries the additional terms such as aggregate, sort type, grouping etc. All these additions will be reflected at the bottom of the window.
To verify the query you can use the upper option in the top area of the form called 'Run Query' and get the results on the appropriate tab.
Press 'Export to Excel' to save your creation to a separate file or click on the 'OK' button to move to the next step of report editing / creation:
- the second tab - report designer - provides an information which should be displayed in the current report document. The data are placed in the appropriate boxes called 'bands'
The main structural elements for report creating are:
- page header;
- мaster data;
- report summary;
- page footer.
You can add more data in each band using the other options (objects) from the toolbar panel such as:
- system text
- text object
- barcode object etc.
Once you have completed your report design click on the Preview button to see how your report looks. You can find it directly in the top toolbar or press File option and choose from a list of available commands the required one.
or use the File icon to open the Menu with the necessary command:
To better understand how to create the report find on the toolbar the option 'About' where you can choose 'Help contents' position from the drop-down list.
It uploads the document with the step-by-step description.
We are glad to offer our help and create Reports personally for you following all your requirements and needs.
Just press the option in the Reports section to move to the necessary page with the appropriate service to get acquainted with possible offerings on report creation and indicate your suggestions by filling the form below in the current window.