3. What is the difference between data in files obtained when using Export Grid and Export Wizard
To export data to a file, use one of the following options:
[Export Grid] allows keeping data in a separate file of the following formats.
Export Data Wizard serves for transferring data to a CSV file passing through the steps of the wizard.
Lets assume, we need to export the store user details.
Select the users on the Users page of Store Manager prepared to export, and press the [Export Grid] button. You will see the drop-down list of possible formats.
Let's choose the CSV variant. Specify the filename in the field and press [OK] to proceed.
The transferring is completed.
Now launch the Export wizard and go through the export wizard steps.
1. Specify the filename in the relevant field.
2. Check the correctness of a delimiter character that will be used to separate data in the file.
3. Move fields from the left to the right to form a list of data that has to be exported. To perform this, involve the options in the middle or drag-and-drop method.
The more fields on the right - the more details will be transferred.
4. The "Options" step allows making the additional configuration in the date and time formats, in determining the number of exported records before starting the process.
5. Launch export by pressing the corresponding button .
6. Press [Finish] to close the wizard.
Let's compare data in these two files.
In the first one, by using the [Export Grid] option, we got the product details that have been selected in Store Manager - from the main product grid only.
Another one contains data from the upper and lower user grids.
I.e. the second file is much more comprehensive and contains detailed information on users .
Thus, [Export Grid] allows to quickly save data to a file of the specific format, but only selected details without the information in the lower grid of Store Manager.
To maximize the amount of information, it is necessary to use the Export wizard tool where you are able to choose the fields of data which will be stored separately.