3.3 Export Product Data
'Export Data' option in the Product Page serves for transferring product details from your store to a separate file of CSV format.
1. The start page of Export Wizard will launch, where you can specify the file path and filename of your exported data.
If the 'FTP directory' field doesn't open is the most likely you have entered the incorrect FTP credentials. Close Wizard and go to Settings - Preferences - FTP to check the correctness of FTP details.
You should receive the following message:
In other cases, contact your hosting company to help you solve the issue with FTP settings.
Load configuration field serves to use the previously saved export configuration file during the current process. You can upload the file directly from the Wizard list or from the separate file on your computer.
On the left, you can see the numbered boxes. By switching between them you can move from one step of export to the another one.Or you can use the lower button to go to the next export page.
2. CSV delimiter page - this is the step where you can see and edit the main delimiters and separators between the field values.
Delimiter Character - the typical delimiters are the comma (,), semicolon (;) and tab character ( ), however other symbols can be used as well. The resultant export file is usually generated for further processing, and subsequent re-importing, or import into another Store, or application.
Quote string values - this specifies the character used to separate strings in the CSV file.
3. Move to the next step - ‘Fields to export’ - and choose the data you want to be exported to a file. Use the arrows in the middle to drag the required fields from the left to the right pane and vice versa.
You can change values in the fields after exporting by using the expressions - special formula that allows for the addition of information, or facilitates the changing of exporting data, based upon the application of one or more logical rules, designating what action(s) should be performed on the field values that also may be determined by the evaluation of the expression.
Use 'Help' button at the top for more details on expression special syntax with provided examples.
To add more complex formula that allows to make changes at your store database tables requires some SQL skills and can be done by helping with the Custom SQL editor. To launch the editor form directly from this step of export use the 'Add extended expression field' option above.
In case the csv file with exported items' details contains field names in the first row
check the appropriate field at the top of the current step window:
If the csv file contains the values in the first row:
this field should be un-checked.
4. Export options step allows to check the records you want to be exported - all products from your store or just the previously selected ones.
On the right there is the option which shows or hides the advanced options - base date/time formats and separators.
Use the 'Set Default' button to return the default values of these settings.
If your export data contain specific images - you should check the field in the 'Advanced Options' form below:
Choose from the drop-down the most acceptable variant to create image names in the export file:
- full image name generates the image path by using the URL to your store specified in the Preferences settings of Store Manager and image title indicated on your local system or FTP server.
- plain image name forms from the path of image title and the part of date when it was added to the media gallery.
For instance, your image name is chocolate-chip-muffins.jpg and it was posted on 03/24/2016 - the plain name will be the following:
If your products to import have the up/cross-sells items assigned do not forget to indicate what identifier should be taken for the eponymous column in the result file.
In case you want to place products SKU in Cross/Up Sells column of a file - choose the SKU position from the drop-down.
If you want the IDs of Cross/Up Sells will be transferred to the same-named column - select ID variant.
On the Preview step you can see the data to transfer to a csv file with the set separators between the fields values.
Check one of the listed actions above and press 'Finish (Page Down)' to complete the process and close the wizard.
Use the following article about export products to a separate file with the step-by-step instruction: