3.3 Export Product Data
The "Export Data" option on the Product page serves for transferring product details from your store to a separate file of CSV format.
1. On the "Start" page of Export Wizard you should specify the file path and filename of your exported data.
If the "FTP directory" field doesn't open, most likely you have entered incorrect FTP credentials. Close Wizard and go to Settings -> Preferences - > FTP to check the correctness of FTP details.
You should receive the following message:
In other cases, contact your hosting company to help you solve the issue with FTP settings.
The "Load configuration" field serves to use previously saved export configuration file during current process. You can upload the file directly from the Wizard list or from the separate file on your computer.
On the left, you can see the numbered boxes. By switching between them you can move from one step of export to another one. Or you can use the lower button to go to the next export page.
2. The "CSV delimiter" page. This is the step where you can see and edit main delimiters and separators between the field values.
- "Delimiter character". The typical delimiters are the comma (,), semicolon (;) and tab character ( ), however other symbols can be used as well. The resultant export file is usually generated for further processing, and subsequent re-importing, or import into another Store, or application.
- "Quote string values". This checkbox specifies the character used to separate strings in a CSV file.
3. The next step - "Fields to export". Choose the data you want to be exported to a file. Use the arrows in the middle to drag required fields from the left to the right pane and vice versa.
You can change values in the fields after exporting with expressions - special formula that allows to add information, or change exporting data, based on the application of one or more logical rules, designate what action(s) should be performed on the field values that also may be determined by the evaluation of the expression.
Use the [Help] button at the top for more details on expression special syntax with provided examples.
Note: you should have some SQL skills to add more complex formula in order to make changes in your store database. This can be done with the "Custom SQL" editor. To launch the editor form directly from this step of export use the [Add extended expression field] option:
In case the csv file with exported items' details contains field names in the first row
select the relevant checkbox at the top of the current step window:
If the csv file contains values in the first row:
this field should be unselected.
4. The "Export options" step allows to check the records you want to be exported - all products from your store or just previously selected ones.
On the right side of the window there is the option that shows or hides the advanced options - base date/time formats and separators.
Use the [Set Default] button to return default values of these settings.
If your export data contains specific images, you should select the checkbox in the "Advanced Options" form as shown below:
Choose from the drop-down the most acceptable variant to create image names in the export file:
- "Full image URL" generates an image path by using the URL to your store specified in the "Preferences" settings of Store Manager and image title indicated on your local system or FTP server.
- "Plain image name" forms from the path of image title and the part of date when it was added to the media gallery.
For instance, your image name is chocolate-chip-muffins.jpg and it was posted on 03/24/2016 - the plain name will be the following: 2016/03/chocolate-chip-muffins.jpg
If your products to import have the up/cross-sells items assigned, do not forget to indicate what identifier should be taken for the eponymous column in the result file.
In case you want to place products SKU in Cross/Up Sells column of a file, choose the SKU position from the drop-down.
If you want the IDs of Cross/Up Sells to be transferred to the same-named column, select ID variant.
On the "Preview" step you can see the data to transfer to a csv file with the set separators between the fields values.
Check one of the listed actions and press [Finish (Page Down)] to complete the process and close the wizard.