3.3. Export Product Data
The [Export Data] option on the Product page serves for transferring product details from your store to a separate file of CSV format or to Google Sheets.
Export Data to a File
1. On the first page of the export wizard, you should specify the file path and filename of your exported data. To specify the location for the file, use the [...] button.
You can also transfer your data to the FTP directory. Select the relevant check-box and fill in the corresponding fields.
The "Load configuration" field serves to use previously saved export configuration file during current process. You can upload the file directly from the wizard list or from a separate file on your computer.
Press the triangle button on this field to select previously saved configuration from the list.
In the drop-down list under the triangle on the [Open configuration] button, there are several options you can do:
- "Delete configuration" removes selected configuration
- "Clear list" clears list with all export configurations at once
- "Open configuration"
2. The "CSV delimiter" page. This is the step where you can see and edit main delimiters and separators between the field values.
- "Delimiter character". The typical delimiters are the comma (,), semicolon (;) and tab character ( ), however other symbols can be used as well. The resultant export file is usually generated for further processing, and subsequent re-importing, or import into another Store, or application.
- "Quote string values". This checkbox specifies the character used to separate strings in a CSV file.
Press [Next] to continue.
3. The next step - "Fields to export". Choose the data you want to be exported to a file. Use the arrows in the middle to drag required fields from the left to the right pane and vice versa.
You can change values in the fields after exporting with expressions - special formula that allows to add information, or change exporting data, based on the application of one or more logical rules, designate what action(s) should be performed on the field values that also may be determined by the evaluation of the expression.
Use the [Help] button at the top for more details on expression special syntax with provided examples.
Note: you should have some SQL skills to add more complex formula in order to make changes in your store database. This can be done with the "Custom SQL" editor. To launch the editor form directly from this step of export use the [Add extended expression field] option:
If there are field names in teh first row in the csv file, select the relevant checkbox at the top of the current step window. If the csv file contains values in the first row, this field should be unselected.
4. The "Export options" step allows to check the records you want to be exported - all products from your store or just previously selected ones.
On the right side of the window there is the option that shows or hides the advanced options - base date/time formats and separators.
Use the [Set Default] button to return default values of these settings.
If your export data contains specific images, you should select the checkbox in the "Advanced Options" form as shown in the picture below. The "Path to images folder" field will appear. You can enter the neccessary path manually or select the folder with browse button.
Choose from the drop-down the most acceptable variant to create image names in the export file:
- "Full image URL" generates an image path by using the URL to your store specified in the "Preferences" settings of Store Manager and image title indicated on your local system or FTP server.
- "Plain image name" forms from the path of image title and the part of date when it was added to the media gallery.
For instance, your image name is chocolate-chip-muffins.jpg and it was posted on 03/24/2016 - the plain name will be the following: 2016/03/chocolate-chip-muffins.jpg
If your products to import have the up/cross-sells items assigned, do not forget to indicate what identifier should be taken for the eponymous column in the result file.
- If you want to place products SKU in Cross/Up Sells column of a file, choose the SKU position from the drop-down.
- If you want the IDs of Cross/Up Sells to be transferred to the same-named column, select ID variant.
On the "Preview" step you can see the data to transfer to a csv file with the set separators between the fields values.
Check one of the listed actions and press [Finish] to complete the process and close the wizard.
File for export
If you want to export data to the Google spreadsheet, select the relevant checkbox and the Cloud storage account. You can also add, change or delete the account using the corresponding buttons on the right side of the account selector.
Next, find the Cloud file with the help of the browse [...] button or type the file name manually.
This will open Drive Explorer where you should find the necessary file:
Select the file and press [OK] to continue.
Choose the option that suits you best from the following:
- "Replace sheet values" - Replaces data of the active sheet with exported data.
- "Append to sheet" - Adds exported data to the end of the active sheet.
- Insert new sheet" - Creates a new sheet with exported data.
Then, press [Next] to proceed.
Fields to export
On this step you should select the fields you want to export. To do so, move the neccesary ones from the left pane to the right pane with the relevant buttons or drag the fields to export.
Press [Next] to continue.
On this step you have the possibility to use advanced options. If you do not need this, press the [Export] button.
After pressing the [Show advanced options] button, you will see the following:
Specify the necessary options, then press [Export] to start the process.
Next you will see the results of export and two available options that you can do with the file:
- [Copy URL to Clipboard]
- [View Export File]
Press [Finish] to close the wizard.