7.3 Export Attribute Terms
To export attribute terms to a .csv file use the option on the top toolbar. In the right pane of Attributes section you can see the terms list - use the right mouse clicking to open the context menu and choose the necessary command from a drop-down list:
or press the 'Export data' in the top toolbar to launch the export wizard.
1. Firstly you should specify the filename and path to your exported data. If you want to rewrite the existing file, make sure it is accessible and readable. You can preview it previously on your computer before specifying.
Use the browse button to open drive system and choose required location.
Upload via FTP position helps to transfer your data on the FTP server. It could be possible in case you have FTP access details to fill the fields below:
To check your FTP connection credentials go to Settings -> Preferences -> FTP and press 'Test connection' for verification.
If you have previously saved export configuration - you can load it to significantly speed up the passage of the following steps of the export. Hit the triangle option to open the list with the saved in the wizard configurations
or upload necessary settings from a file, by using the triangle option next to the 'Open Configuration' button. Choose the command from the list below:
To move to the next step of the wizard hit the 'Next' button at the bottom. In the left side, you can see the numbered boxes with the appropriate export steps - you have a possibility to go to the step you want without going through all the steps gradually.
2. CSV Delimiter - this page shows the delimiter character which will be used to separate the fields data. You can select from the basic three types of separators as comma (,), semicolon (;) and tab character ( ), however, you can specify other symbols as well.
Quote string values field serves for indication the character to separate strings in the CSV file. Leave this field unchanged.
Follow to the next export step by pressing the button below.
3. 'Fields to export' page divided into two panes: the left and the right. The left one consists of all fields which can be exported; the right one - the area, where you should drag the fields you want to export.
Use the options in the middle:
- to move all fields at once (1);
- to move only selected fields (2);
- to move back only selected fields to their previous positions (3);
- to move back all fields (4).
If you want to add the expression formula to modify your exported data use the option at the top .
It opens the Expression Editor form. Hit 'Help' button above for more details on expression special syntax with provided examples.
To add the more complex formula that allows to make changes to your store database tables requires some SQL skills and can be done by helping with the Custom SQL editor.
To launch the editor form directly from this step of export use the 'Add extended expression field' option above.
If the export file should contain the field names in the first row - check the corresponding field at the top toolbar.
In other case leave it unchecked.
4. Export Options step - here you can choose a number of records you want to export - check the 'Selected only' variant if you have already allocated some positions in the attribute terms list before exporting; if you want to transfer all attributes terms to a file - choose 'All' records checkbox.
'Show advanced options' button opens the form where you can see basic date and time separators.
They are used to convert a text part of a file to the numerical values and in the date format. You can set the default settings by pressing the appropriate option on the right.
Pay attention to the field, which indicates the separator between records - provided a large number of records in one row of the file the data will be automatically transferred to the new line (see ab illustration above).
After pressing 'Export' button you launch the transfer process.
On the export results step you can see the following actions below:
- nothing - just finish export and close the Wizard;
- open directory containing result file - after export completing the directory where is the file with exported data will be displayed;
- open result file - it gives a possibility to view the source export file right after the export process.
Check the one you want to be performed.
Do not forget, in order to use the current export configuration in the next export processes, to save it to the Wizard list or separately to a file.
Use the 'Save configuration' option to choose the necessary storage location.